About Greater Good Charities
Greater Good Charities is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that works to help people, pets, and the planet by mobilizing in response to need and amplifying the good. Greater Good Charities, with a 100/100 rating on Charity Navigator, and has provided more than $400 million in impact, including cash grants, in-kind supplies, and programmatic support, to over 5,000 charitable partners in 121 countries since 2007. To learn more about how Greater Good Charities is amplifying the good across the globe, please visit greatergood.org or follow Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
Who can Apply?
An organization that has a valid, non-revoked IRS Determination Letter establishing their 501(c)(3) status can apply for pet food this website. A group applying under a Group Exemption or using an alternate name (for example “Doing business as…”) must submit the relevant documents as described by the IRS or state/local authorities.
How does it work?
Groups apply through this website to become a grant recipient. Your Application will be screened for criteria such as non-profit status, spay/neuter policy, adoption pages, and distance from nearest ambassador. Applications passing this step are sent to the ambassador for further evaluation. The local ambassador accepts or declines each application, based on our posted criteria.
Groups meeting the criteria are placed in the rotation for distributions. When food is available, the ambassador notifies groups of the type of food and offers the group the opportunity to participate.
Participating groups send in their latest census counts and the ambassador determines an equitable distribution of the food, taking into account factors such as the number and size of animals, whether any group received food more recently than another one, distance traveled, or special circumstances like large food donations from other sources.
The ambassador notifies each group of the amount allocated, the place and time for pickup, and the amount of handling fees .
As a grant program, we cannot guarantee that food will always be supplied to any one organization or that a grant will meet all of the organization’s needs for any period of time.
GOODS Program Terms and Conditions
By submitting this application you agree and acknowledge the following terms and conditions:
1. You are authorized to sign this agreement on behalf of this organization and certify that the information set forth in this application and supporting documentation is correct.
2. You have read and understood the criteria that apply to this application and certify that the group meets each one.
3. The IRS determination letter has not been revoked, canceled or modified.
4. That food shall be protected against dampness, deterioration, and mold or from contamination by insects, birds, rodents or other animals
5. That food spoiled or otherwise contaminated shall not be served.
6. To abide by restrictions or conditions of distribution, if any, imposed by the source of Donation and communicated to Recipient by Donor.
7. Any raw meat provided is not fit for human consumption and shall be used solely for feeding animals.
8. That feeding pet food to ruminant animals is prohibited.
9. To not sell, transfer, trade or barter any Donation or portion thereof in exchange for money, property or services or otherwise allow the items to enter commercial channels.
10. To release both Donor and Donor’s source(s) from any liability arising from the condition of Donation and further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Donor and its source(s) against any and all damages, losses, claims, causes of action and suits of law or in equity or any obligation whatsoever arising out of or attributed to any action of in connection with Recipients receipt, handling or distribution of Donation.
11. That The Goods Program may list your organization as a participant in its publications, website or other informational materials but will not sell or disclose non-contact information for any commercial purpose.
12. That goods or services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Goods Program expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose.
13. Your organization grants toThe Goods Program the following: 1) the right to include on its website a link to your organization’s website(s), 2) the right to use any image(s) that you submit to The Goods Program or that may be recorded by Rescue Bank during or in connection with events that involve both organizations.
14. Permit monitoring, including a site visit if requested, by a Donor representative, as reasonable and necessary to verify that compliance with criteria, receipt, handling and use of Donation conform to this Agreement.
15. Applicant grants permission to The Goods Program and its pet products donors to use information contained in this application for their internal evaluation and response procedures.
16. All handling fee payments are to be made payable to the Affiliate Organization or The Goods Program, as requested, and in no event made to any individual or other organization.